---Information on Setting up IMAP based Email Clients---
People who wish to use NETSCAPE, MOZILLA, OPERA, Evolution, Kmail,
Thunderbird, Outlook Express etc for their email access should
configure their IMAP access as given below.
- READING Mails (both ON and OFF CAMPUS users)
- Define imap.iitb.ac.in as incoming
mailserver and 143 as the incoming port.
- Users may enable SSL options for secure IMAP service.
- SENDING Mails
- Define the outgoing mailserver as
smtp-auth.iitb.ac.in and outgoing port as 25.
This service will require authentication (using LDAP uid and
password) and security (TLS) has to be enabled. This service
can be used both by ON-campus and OFF-campus users.
Click here for more details.
- Availability of IMAP based email service to off-campus users is subject
to periodic review.
- The above information is sufficient for setting up IMAP based mail
access. Please donot ask CC for further assistance in this regard.